Friday, January 6, 2012

Egg and Sausage Casserole

Pin It


Happy New Year!  I can't believe it is already 2012.  I am so ready for a new year and know that there are so many good things to come!  The last two months have been so crazy busy for me that I didn't realize I hadn't blogged in so long.  December was especially busy because I was asked by my kids' elementary school principal to make Cake Pop gifts for the entire faculty as Christmas gifts.  I ended up making about 400!  I was happy for the opportunity but I was so glad to be done with it.  We had a wonderful Christmas and were so thankful to spend it with our family here in Utah. 
One of my kids' (especially Ethan's) favorite dinners is this Egg and Sausage Casserole.  I don't remember where the original recipe came from but I've been making it for years and have changed it a bit.  It is so easy and quick too!  We always have it for dinner but it would, of course, make a great breakfast too.  It makes a whole 9x13 pan but it reheats great.  It is easy to lighten this up too by using Jimmy Dean's Low Fat pork sausage, low fat crescent rolls, and low fat cheese.  I hope you enjoy this easy recipe!  

EGG AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
1 lb ground pork sausage
1 (8 oz) tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
10 eggs, beaten
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Place sausage in a skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.  Drain and set aside.
Line bottom of prepared baking dish with crescent rolls dough and sprinkle with crumbled sausage.  In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs and the rest of the ingredients.  Pour over sausage and crescent rolls.
Bake in prepared oven for 35-45 min, until eggs have set and top is golden. 
Makes 8 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment